In a game of fouls, the Philadelphia 76ers also won the second game with James Harden. In New York, the new addition was strong, but the man of the day was once again the outstanding Joel Embiid.
- The other games of the night
- New York Knicks (25-36) - Philadelphia 76ers (37-23) 109: 125 (Boxscore)
- Phoenix Suns (49-12) - Utah Jazz (38-22) 114: 118 (Boxscore)
- Indiana Pacers (20-41) - Boston Celtics (36-26) -: - (Boxscore)
- Charlotte Hornets (30-31) - Detroit Pistons (14-46) -: - (Boxscore)
- Houston Rockets (15-44) - L.A. Clippers (31-31) -: - (Boxscore)
- Golden State Warriors (43-17) - Dallas Mavericks (35-25) -:- (BOXSCORE)
- Portland Trail Blazers (25-35) - Denver Nuggets (35-25) -:- (BOXSCORE)
- Los Angeles Lakers (27-32) - New Orleans Pelicans (24-36) -:- (BOXSCORE)
New York Knicks (25-36) - Philadelphia 76ers (37-23) 109: 125 (Boxscore)
- It was sometimes very tough, but the numerous whistles made in the game (50 fouls, 79 free throws), with the line of refs not even petty. But if Joel Embid and James Harden stand in the field, then that can happen. Embid was with 37 points (7/17 FG, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks) Topscorer and set in terms of free throws of career benches in the experiments (27) and also in the hits (23). Harden, on the other hand, marched "only" ten times the line, he put on his second game as a Sixer with 29 points (8/14 FG), 10 rebounds, 16 assists and 5 steals the first Triple Double.
- As in Minnesota, the interaction of the two stars looked really good, the knicks found no solutions when the two all stars together stood together in the field. Embiid alone took 15 free throws in the first half and brought both Knicks Bigs (Mitchell Robinson and Rookie Jericho Sims) quickly in foul problems. Speaking of Fouls: In the first quarter there were collapsed 16 fouls and 28 free throws - season recorder in the NBA.
- Despite everything, the knicks remained in quick distance, even if these numerous turnover produced. Evan Fournier (24, 6/11 threesome) had the hot hand from the distance, and R.j. Barrett (24, 9/21) and Julius Randle (16, 4/13, 10 rebounds, 7 assists) Some free throws. The superiority also came to the boards, so the hosts were back to 2 meters after an interim 12-point residue at the end of the third quarter.
- It was Immaunel Quickley (21) that succeeded in the knicks and initiated a 15: 5 run. Little later fouls but both knicks centers (9 minutes before the end!), Randle took over the five. But that only worked conditionally, the Sixers sinked their first ten litters in the neighborhood and sat down again. Tobias Harris (12, 3/9) increased about four minutes before the end with its first transformed litter of the game to +8, it was the preliminary decision. Tyrese Maxey knew with 21 points (8/14). Incidentally, the 27 free throws from Embiid were also an NBA season record. The last player who took at least 27 free throws in a game was Anthony Davis, who sank against Memphis 26 of his 27 Freebies in October 2019.
Phoenix Suns (49-12) - Utah Jazz (38-22) 114: 118 (Boxscore)
- Next important victory for jazz that could win in Phoenix in Phoenix. Donovan Mitchell (26, 6/11 threesome) was hot and Sixth Man Jordan Clarkson scored 10 his 22 points in the fourth quarter. Clarkson introduced a really good jazz bank, which gave guests the crucial runs.
- That's how it was the end of the third quarter as the jazz with a 11-0 run the control took over. Although Mitchell met two triples in this phase, but also strong defense of Danuel House as well as Hassan Whiteside (8, 8 rebounds) helped, so that the jazz surrounded the game and then the lead no longer donations. For the (apparent) decision, however, Mitchell, who had a threesome with board sinked for two minutes before the end of the end and brought the guests the first double-digit leadership of the evening.
- Threesome of Devin Booker and Jae Crowder (16) but once again made it exciting and Mitchell left the door open at 3 points for 9 seconds before the end at 3 points. Suns-Coach Monty Williams renounced the break, but Crowder threw a pass completely unnecessarily into the viewer ranks. Mike Conley made the lid on the line.
- Phoenix had started well and hit the first eleven litters ten before Utah also played something defense. Devin Booker (30, 12/24, 6 assists) was not to stop, but built something over time before he tried everything in Crunchtime. At the end, all starters of the Suns scored two digits, but the bank was a big problem.
- So it did not matter that Deandre Ayton (23, 11/15 FG, 7 rebounds) in Matchup with Rudy Gotbert (16, 5/13 FG, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks) made a good figure and besides four hits The middle distance also a threesome sunk. Cameron Johnson put on 23 points for the Suns.
Articles and videos about the topic * Irving: "Will return to the Barclay Center" * Experience the NBA live on Dazn. Register now! Can be terminated at any time monthly.